11 Jul 2016

Assembling the puzzle

The A-pillar lower construction is somewhat complicated. I've used few days making suitable parts for the puzzle. Lot of fitting, trials and errors and sheet bending. Here's a good example.
What it comes to bending. I have to thank Johan for the workshop tools. Like this bending brake, 1/16" is nothing for this one.
Or like this bead roller.

Piece by piece, started put the parts back together. Here the most upper part is already welded to it's place.
And then the next part.
This was the point I faced the next challenge. My Esab MIG/MAG welding machine broke down and car repair turned to welding machine repair. Fortunately I found the full schematics manual from the Internet and ended up with the conclusion that the control power transformer on the circuit board was the one which failed. Double checked the test and I'm pretty sure that this is the one which faulted.
New transformer should be available from the local shop for 4.59€ each. Oh, how I wish the Falcon parts availability and pricing would be like this.


No comments:

Post a Comment